Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell has been the subject of many heated debates in recent weeks. But, even though the policy is now technically repealed, gay troops still don’t have equal rights. Here are the editors’ top five ways to get informed so you can keep up with the discussion.
1. Examine the text of the original Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell bill. Do you agree with it?
2. Explore some of the major issues of the policy as compiled by the Human Rights Campaign. Do you know anyone who has been affected by the policy?
3. Read The New York Times’ coverage of the recent bill to repeal the policy.
4. Take a look at CNN’s coverage of implementing the repeal…
5. …And then find out from The Washington Post why the battle isn’t over yet for those opposed to DADT. Let us know what you think about it.
Don’t forget to follow The Pendulum on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and watch out for this week’s issue, hitting the stands early Wednesday morning.